Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11

Parents who treat their babies kindly and patiently and meet his needs make him feel secure.

A crying baby is talking to you in the only way possible right now. The crying means I'm hungry, I'm uncomfortable or I hurt. If the parent feeds the baby right away or does whatever is necessary to comfort him, there will be less crying during the first year.

If his needs are not met, or they are met after so much delay that he loses his confidence that they will be met. He becomes anxious; quicker to cry and slower to accept comfort.

In order to become spoiled a child has to be able to want things as well as to need them. He feels a need and he expresses it. He is not grown up or clever enough to be spoiled. Make him feel good and let him make you feel good, too. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment